Start cycling with cake confidence in 2018!
Last Saturday of every month at Cycle Heaven.
We are delighted to offer a free and fun scheme to support new cyclists at all stages of life into cycling.
Our start cycling sessions over cake at Cafe 68 at Cycle Heaven (Hospital Fields Road, Fulford) include:
- cycle chat, information and advice from one of our friendly team
- free bike tryouts
- free bike and equipment loans for up to 3 weeks (£10 returnable deposit)
- free 1:1, family or small group learn to ride or confidence training
- ongoing support through a bike buddy
- discounts – 10% off first bike purchases and 20% off accessories at Cycle Heaven if you choose to buy after borrowing a bike
You are welcome to come down with a friend, partner, family or pet!
You can borrow a bike just for the session or the full 3 weeks. There are a wide range of loan bikes available to try and borrow for free – child’s bikes, comfortable Ridgeback town and hybrid bikes, Thule child trailers and child seats, and, excitingly, electric bikes!
Just email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll have a chat on the phone or at Cycle Heaven cafe. Over cake 🙂
Sessions usually take 1.5 hours and run from 1:00 – 2.30pm and 2.30 – 4pm.
The team will also be available in the cafe for cycle chat and friendly advice on anything cycling between 12 – 1pm on the day of each Saturday session.
Next sessions are:
Saturday 26 May – spaces
Saturday 30 June – spaces
Saturday 28 July – spaces
Hope to hear from you soon!