Start cycling with cake confidence in 2019!
Last Saturday of every month at Cycle Heaven.
We are delighted to offer a free and fun scheme to support new cyclists at all stages of life into cycling.
Start Cycling Sessions
Our start cycling sessions over cake at Cafe 68 at Cycle Heaven (Hospital Fields Road, Fulford) include:
- cycle chat, information and advice from one of our friendly team
- free bike and child-carrying equipment loans for up to 3 weeks (£20 returnable deposit)
- free 1:1, family or small group learn to ride or confidence training
- ongoing support through a bike buddy
- discounts – 10% off first bike purchases and 20% off accessories at Cycle Heaven if you choose to buy after borrowing a bike
You are welcome to come down with a friend, partner, family or pet!
You can borrow a bike and equipment just for the session or the full 3 weeks*. There is a wide range of loan bikes and child-carrying equipment available to try and borrow for free – comfortable Ridgeback town and hybrid bikes, and, excitingly, electric bikes, as well as Thule child trailers and child seats and balance bikes. All bikes are fully equipped with lights, panniers and bells 🙂
The advice, loans, and training usually takes 1.5 hours and runs from 1:00 – 2.30pm and 2.30 – 4pm.
Email email@example.com at least a week before to book your place.
*Please note we only loan bikes and equipment out on the Saturday of the session. Cycle Heaven at the station do ah-hoc bike loans at an hourly/daily rate.
Travel with Tots and Cycle Chat
The team will also be available in the cafe between 12 – 1 on the day of each Saturday session for:
- Travel with tots tryouts – tryout bikes with front and back child seats, single and double trailers and balance bikes
- Cycle Chat – advice on anything about York cycling
Just turn up for Cycle Chat, but please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least a week before to book a travel with tots tryout.
Next sessions are:
Saturday 27 April – fully booked
Saturday 25 May – fully booked
Saturday 29 June – spaces!
We sometimes get cancellations at short notice, so do email with phone number if you’d like to take a chance on an earlier session and be put on a reserves list. Hope to hear from you soon!