Are you passionate about everyday walking and cycling? Why not take it a step further … by helping others to start walking and cycling more around York?
Do you have a little time to spread the word, have social conversations, provide practical support and speak out? If so … read on!
Become a Walk Cycle Ambassador in 2018!
To grow walking and cycling across York, help is needed to:
- spread the walking and cycling word!
- engage in focused social conversations – which address concerns and move people further along their walking and cycling journeys
- provide practical support to individuals such as bike buying advice, route planning and buddying
- speak out! – about the benefits and suggesting constructive ways to increase walking and cycling and challenging where necessary
Is it right for me? You will ideally be:
- Passionate about walking and cycling
- A confident and constructive communicator
- Supportive and encouraging of others
- Proactive and good at offering solutions
- Sociable and socially active
- Patient and persistent
- Someone with some available time to give to this role
What support will I get?
- Access to regular free walking and cycling events, support and training
- Opportunities to meet other like-minded folk and be part of a supportive community
- A regular newsletter with tips on walking and cycling promotion, delivery of practical support, best practice in influencing and volunteering activities
- The satisfaction of seeing more people enjoy walking and cycling around York!
Ambassador Programme 2018
We will be holding a series of city-wide events for ambassadors in 2018, both in the community and in larger employers across the city.
First event is on Wednesday March 21st 2018, 5.30pm for 6pm at Partisan, Micklegate.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Thanks to i-Travel York for funding this programme.
Walk Cycle Ambassadors is part of the One Planet York movement – making York a more sustainable, resilient and collaborative ‘One Planet’ city