Are you passionate about everyday walking and cycling? Why not take it a step further … by helping others to start walking and cycling more around York?
Do you have a little time to spread the word, have social conversations, provide practical support and speak out? If so … read on!
Become a Walk Cycle Ambassador in 2018!
To grow walking and cycling across York, help is needed to:
- spread the walking and cycling word!
- engage in focused social conversations – which address concerns and move people further along their walking and cycling journeys
- provide practical support to individuals such as bike buying advice, route planning and buddying
- speak out! – about the benefits and suggesting constructive ways to increase walking and cycling and challenging where necessary
Is it right for me? You will ideally be:
- Passionate about walking and cycling
- A confident and constructive communicator
- Supportive and encouraging of others
- Proactive and good at offering solutions
- Sociable and socially active
- Patient and persistent
- Someone with some available time to give to this role
What support will I get?
- Access to regular free walking and cycling events, support and training with tips on walking and cycling promotion, delivery of practical support, best practice in influencing and volunteering activities
- Opportunities to meet other like-minded folk and be part of a supportive community
- The satisfaction of seeing more people enjoy walking and cycling around York!
Please email email@example.com if you are interested in finding out more.
Walk Cycle Ambassadors is part of the One Planet York movement – making York a more sustainable, resilient and collaborative ‘One Planet’ city