Become a Walk Cycle Ambassador!
To grow walking and cycling across York, help is needed to:
- spread the walking and cycling word
- engage in focused social conversations which offer solutions to people’s concerns and move them further along their walking and cycling journeys
- provide practical support to individuals such as information about groups, activities and support, bike buying advice, route planning and buddying
- volunteer for us on walking and cycling activities
- speak out about the benefits of walking and cycling
Is it right for me?
You will ideally be:
- Passionate about walking and cycling
- A confident and respectful communicator
- Supportive and encouraging of others
- Proactive and good at offering solutions
- Sociable and socially active
- Patient and persistent
- Someone with some available time to give to this role
What support will I get?
- One to one or small group initial meeting and ongoing email/ phone support
- Advice on local walking and cycling resources, support, volunteering opportunities, best practice in walking and cycling promotion, motivational behaviour change techniques and influencing
- Opportunities to meet other like-minded folk and be part of a supportive community
- Opportunities to volunteer for York Bike Belles. You can see our current volunteer opportunities here.
- The satisfaction of seeing more people enjoy walking and cycling around York!
And do have a read of the interviews with 3 of York Bike Belles’ volunteers below – Alison, Amanda and Simon:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in getting involved!
Walk Cycle Ambassadors is part of the One Planet York movement – making York a more sustainable, resilient and collaborative ‘One Planet’ city