We are currently looking for …
YBB Volunteer Team Members with focus on walk and ride leading
If you are interested, please email email@example.com in the first instance.
Are you passionate about walking and cycling, confident and happy to take the lead on a walk or ride, good with a wide range of people and an excellent communicator? If so, our new YBB volunteer team member role might be for you!
This is a part-time, flexible role, based in and around York. We ask that you commit to a minimum of 1 day a month. This could be a few hours to a full day, during the day, at evenings or the weekend. We would like you to co-lead at least one walk or ride every 3 months, attend monthly evening committee/ team meetings, and promote YBB and our activities whenever possible. We expect you to walk and cycle as a priority during your time with us.
We provide all necessary support and training, and will pay essential expenses. We will ask for a reference. Depending on the work agreed, we may need to carry out a DBS check.
We guarantee you will enjoy working with us to encourage more people to walk and cycle around our beautiful city. As a group, we are friendly, flexible, dynamic and creative. We make a positive difference to people’s lives and to the York community. You will find being a volunteer with us a thoroughly rewarding experience!
To work within the YBB team to co-lead walks and/ or rides.
We would also like you to help with activities in general, to attend our monthly meetings to give input into and help steer our work and promote us in your networks and the community in general.
- To co-lead at least one walk or ride every 3 months. This will include planning the walk or ride, carrying out a reccy and risk assessment, co-leading the ride and social stop, providing photos and brief comments afterwards to our comms team and providing feedback at team meetings.
- To help deliver the rest of the YBB programme of walking and cycling activities, which may include bike maintenance workshops, bike buddying, bike try-outs, bike loan sessions, social events, community stalls and talks, Walk Cycle Festival events, social media and other creative walking and cycling activities.
- To help promote the YBB programme and the benefits of everyday walking and cycling in your networks and to the York community in general.
- To attend monthly Management Committee/ Team meetings
- You are passionate about everyday walking and cycling and its benefits for health, community life and the environment.
- You have some experience of organising, publicising, and delivering events.
- You are confident and happy to take the lead.
- You are able to work with a wide range of people.
- You are supportive and happy to work to a person-centred approach.
- You have excellent communication skills.
- You are able to work independently and as part of a team.
- You are positive and self-motivated with energy and enthusiasm.
- You are able to motivate and enthuse others.
- You are happy to be flexible in your work.
- You are IT literate.
- (Ride Leader) You are a competent cyclist
Join us! “Be the change you want to see in the world”