Become a Walk Cycle Ambassador in 2019!
To grow walking and cycling across York, help is needed to:
- spread the walking and cycling word!
- engage in focused social conversations which address concerns and move people further along their walking and cycling journeys
- provide practical support to individuals such as information about groups, activities and support, bike buying advice, route planning and buddying
- volunteer for us on walking and cycling activities
- speak out about the benefits of walking and cycling and suggest constructive ways forward, not afraid to be respectfully challenging where necessary
Is it right for me?
You will ideally be:
- Passionate about walking and cycling
- A confident and respectful communicator
- Supportive and encouraging of others
- Proactive and good at offering solutions
- Sociable and socially active
- Patient and persistent
- Good at making constructive challenges
- Someone with some available time to give to this role
What support will I get?
- One to one or small group initial meeting and ongoing email/ phone support
- Advice on local walking and cycling resources, support, volunteering opportunities, best practice in walking and cycling promotion, motivational behaviour change techniques and influencing
- Opportunities to meet other like-minded folk and be part of a supportive community
- The satisfaction of seeing more people enjoy walking and cycling around York!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested!
Walk Cycle Ambassadors is part of the One Planet York movement – making York a more sustainable, resilient and collaborative ‘One Planet’ city