Are you a confident cyclist with a good knowledge of local cycling, supportive, and good with people from all ages and backgrounds? If so, this role might be for you!
We would like you to help support people into cycling as part of our Cake Confidence start cycling scheme for new and returning cyclists.
We provide all necessary support and training. We ask for a reference.
You will enjoy working with us to encourage more people to cycle around our beautiful city. You will help make a positive difference to people’s lives!
Please apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
To support people into cycling as part of the Cake Confidence project, reporting to the Cake Confidence Coordinator.
- To support participants into cycling as part of the Cake Confidence project. This may include:
- attending Saturday Cake Confidence sessions at Cycle Heaven cafe or other venue and supporting participants into cycling with cycling advice, bike loans and route planning information
- buddying participants on rides around the city
- supporting participants on regular social rides
- any other ideas welcomed!
- To help promote Cake Confidence and the benefits of everyday cycling in your networks and to the York community in general.
- (optional) To help deliver other walking and cycling activities active on the YBB programme.
- You are passionate about cycling and its benefits for health and wellbeing, community life and the environment
- You are a confident cyclist with a good knowledge of local cycling
- You are supportive and good with people from all ages and backgrounds
- You have excellent communication skills
- You are happy to work as part of a team
- You are positive and self-motivated
- You are able to motivate and enthuse others
- You are IT literate
- You are able to commit to regular activities in advance and keep to the commitment
- You are able to commit to volunteering with us for at least a year
- You are a positive advocate for York Bike Belles and our work at all times
- You are willing to walk, cycle or use public transport to get around York for this role
- (optional) You enjoy cake 🙂
Join us! “Be the change you want to see in the world”