York Bike Belles Paid Team members – job descriptions
These paid jobs are part-time, based in and around York. Hours are flexible depending on projects and funding. We offer reasonable rates of pay, consistent with similar roles in the sector. We also pay cycle expenses at 20p a mile.
We ask that you walk and cycle as a priority during your work for us. We provide all necessary support and training and, depending on the work agreed, may need to carry out a DBS check.
Purpose of jobs
We’d like you to work within the Bike Belles team to encourage, inspire and enable residents of York to walk and cycle more often every day, for the benefit of health, community life and the environment. We currently (January 2018) have a particular need for help with delivery of activities for our new Cycling Families and Walk Cycle Festival programmes (starting in late March 2018 for the next 2 years).
- To help deliver and promote our public walking and cycling activities as part of the funded Cycling Families and Walk Cycle Festival programmes. This may include led rides and walks, bike maintenance workshops, bike buddying, #travelwithtots tryouts, bike loan, advice and training sessions, family activities, social evening events, community stalls and other creative walking and cycling interventions.
- To work constructively with local partner organisations, businesses, schools, CoYC and community groups in the preparation and delivery of these activities.
- To ensure the delivery of activities are safe and follow our health and safety and safeguarding procedures at all times.
- To support and work alongside community champions in the preparation and delivery of these activities.
- To provide excellent person-centred support to beneficiaries.
- To record (in photo form), evaluate activities and report back to York Bike Belles Programme Manager.
- Anything else reasonable to enable us to meet our objectives. We are open to new ideas!
- You are passionate about everyday walking and cycling and its benefits for health, community life and the environment.
- You have some experience of organising, risk assessing, delivering and evaluating events.
- You have some experience in marketing, particularly in taking good photos and using social media.
- You have some experience working in the community, with a range of individuals and community groups.
- You have excellent communication skills.
- You are able to work independently and as part of a team.
- You are positive, self-motivated with energy and enthusiasm .
- You are able to motivate and enthuse others.
- You are IT literate.
Not essential to the job as all training is provided, but it will be particularly advantageous if you already had skills and experience in walk and ride leading, first aid and bike maintenance and walking and cycling promotion in general.
Join us! “Be the change you want to see in the world”